You are hereHome ›
This committee meets the fourth Monday of each month at 7:00 p.m. in the GHI Administration Building located at One Hamilton Place. All members are invited to attend and share their talents.
GHI COMMUNICATIONS COMMITTEE CHARTER
To enhance communication with and among members of the Cooperative and the staff of Greenbelt Homes, Inc. through informing, educating, and reporting using a variety of communications channels as outlined in this Charter, including print and electronic media and community events. We provide strategic direction across these communication platforms to assist the Board and staff of GHI in their efforts to improve communications with and among members and produce quality external communications that reflect a leading Cooperative in accordance with the vision of the Board.
We utilize our best talents to write, edit and produce quality work that reflects the spirit of our Cooperative and fosters good will among our team. Our ongoing charge to recruit new talent helps ensure our work is sustainable over time, remains relevant to the membership, and utilizes communications technologies and methods that speak to the needs of the membership.
We welcome and encourage members who are unable to regularly attend meetings and/or wish to contribute their time or expertise to the Committee or a specific Committee project of limited duration either in person or via email to join us as Friends of the Committee. Friends of the Committee may elect to receive Committee communications.
Our values reflect the five C’s of good communication:
We work together as a team.
We respect each other as team members.
We welcome new ideas and new ways to improve communications.
We work to ensure our message is clear, accurate, and understood by our constituents.
We work to ensure our communications are timely, reliable, regularly occurring and reflective of a uniformity of style and substance that elevates the brand of our Cooperative.
In collaboration with the GHI Staff Liaison, the Committee oversees and produces the following internal print communications vehicles. The Process and Procedures Committee documents shall serve as guidelines for production and clarify the responsibilities of the parties involved. Future changes to the current publication schedules (quarterly, monthly), which have budgetary implications, require Board and Committee approval.
- Monthly Communicator Newsletter and inserts
- As needed announcements in the Greenbelt News Review
The Communications Committee also regularly reviews and contributes to enhancement of the following electronic communications vehicles, which are produced and maintained by GHI staff:
- GHI E-News
- GHI Website
- GHI Facebook page and Twitter feed
Where possible, Communications Committee also assists in monitoring and/or contributing content to the following external communications vehicles that are relevant to GHI members and impact the external image of our Cooperative to the community at large:
- Greenbelters Listserv
- Greenbelt News Review
- Greenbelt Patch website
The Committee may also work on special projects throughout the year as directed by the Board, such as communications policies, surveys, brochures or staffing special events.
- Provide content for, edit, and publish the Communicator, a monthly newsletter covering news and features for members.
- Advise the Board of Directors on media issues, including use of social media like Facebook and Twitter.
- Assist in providing content for announcements in the weekly E-News and Greenbelt News Review.
- Members are welcome to participate in the committee meetings, which are usually held on the fourth Monday of the month at 7:00 p.m. at the GHI Administration Building.
- Members familiar with media issues, including social media, are invited to help develop GHI policy on these issues.
- Editors, writers, photographers, illustrators, and cartoonists are welcome to contribute.
- All members are invited to submit story ideas for the Communicator.
- Lauren Cummings, Chair
- Jo-Anne Fournier
- Susan Walker
- Sheri Swaim, Staff Liaison, 301-474-4161 x 148; email@example.com
Chair - Lauren Cummings
- Join Our Community
- Member Resources
- Governing Documents
- Maintenance Request >>
- Tools and Rules >>
- Selling Your Home >>
- Communicator Newsletter
- Community Beautification Program Overview
- Guest House Rental
- About GHI
- Homes Improvement Program
- Contact Us